Monday, July 22, 2013
Friday, July 19, 2013
After 5 weeks in SC we headed to Virgina to visit the Greenaways in Culpeper, pick up David in D.C., and then were off to Virginia Beach. We listened to the Mama Mia soundtrack the for almost 7 hours. We have all the songs memorized. JuJu's favorite is Honey, Honey! Before getting to Glenda's we stopped at Yoder's--the Menonite store-- for some homemade goodies.
Friday, July 12, 2013
I took Noah and Ella Joy and we headed to Greenville to spend the night with Shelly. While I was up there I met my dear friend Jenny Proctor in Hendersonville. We were first time moms together when David was in Med school. We have kept in touch over the years as we both have moved and had more babies. She is now the mother of 6 and recently published her first book The House at Rosecreek. It was so much fun to see her and catch up. We went to a delicious little café in downtown Hendersonville. OH how I love good food!
The next day Noah, Ella Joy and I went hiking at Table Rock. It was a beautiful hike and there was a refreshing waterfall at the end. I love cold mountain water so I told the kids that whenever the opportunity arises to swim in cold mountain water they should do it. They both took the challenge. Noah went all the way under. Ella Joy played under the waterfall. It was nice to spend time with just the two of them.
Thursday, July 11, 2013
Happy Birthday to my beautiful Ella Joy!
Seven things I love
1. Her heart-she is so aware of others feelings
2. Her generosity--she gives away her things on a regular basis
3. Her domestic skills-- she loves to cook and clean and help me found laundry
4. Her artistic ablilities--an amazing artist and creator
5. Her enthusiasm--when she is excited about something there in nothing stopping her
6. Her toothless smile, just days before her birthday she lost her other front tooth
7. Her sincerity--she is so honest in her communication
Oh how I love this sweet little toothless Wonder!!!
Wednesday, July 10, 2013
Saturday, July 6, 2013
Under water fun at Papa Dean's pool
Papa Dean took us out on the SUP and kayaks. Everyone had a great time. Ella Joy learned how to paddle a board on her own. Noah loved knocking people into the water. This may be one of my all time favorite sports. So much fun!