Thursday, January 15, 2009

Goodbye House

Cloud 9--I love my bed. I love white beds. I think they remind me of the Snuggle soft bear from the toilet paper ads. I was always jealous that he got to bounce around on clouds. This is close as I can get. I look forward to getting in it every night!

Kids froggie bathroom. Thanks Krista for sharing your old curtain with us.

My sweet little kitchen. You I won't miss quite as much. No offense- you are just so small.

Our family room with wedding, family, and baby pictures. The realtor said you had to go. Buyers don't like you. So sorry. I will miss you. See you in Miami.

My piano. We all know how I feel about you. Everyone-the realtor, the decorator, even Boyd who I know likes you, said you had to go, but I just couldn't part with you. Shelly was the only other that was on your side. Until I hear complaints you are here til we move. And lady at the well, I love you.

Ella Joy's super girly room. I love this bright green. I was so happy to find out I was having a girl. As soon as I did I kicked Daddy's office out and started you. When I look at you I smile.

My favorite room in our house. Lindsey and I had a great time painting you. Although we didn't chalk on your walls very often--you were always so homey. Noah loved you. I loved you. And everyone that came to visit, always slept in you. It was painful to paint you neutral. I miss you so!

No one has bought the house but it is for sale starting today. And I have had to clean, organize, declutter, unfamily it so much that I thought it would be nice to have a record of what you looked like while we really lived in you.

3 comments:

Deena said...

We had a hard time leaving our first home too. We had it just the way we liked it. Then we had to make it neutral and lay it out there cold and naked for complete strangers to tramp through. I wanted to fold it up into a suitcase (a la the Jetsons) and bring it with us.

Emma and Dan said...

We're back now, so feel free to come over whenever you get kicked out so that the house can be shown.

Lindsey said...

So sad that you had to paint over Noah's room. I have great memories of that Saturday morning we spent painting those chalkboard walls. :) Good luck with the house selling process!