Saturday, May 8, 2010

Pat and Melissa's Wedding

May 8, 2010
Finally arrived.
I have been hoping and waiting for the day when Melissa would officially join the family.
She has been part of our family for years.
But I wanted her to be an official sister.
And it finally happened.
It was a beautiful wedding.
The weather was perfect--blue sky, warm.
They got married in a small historic church in downtown Beaufort.
It was packed with family and friends.
Ella Joy was a flower girl and she performed her duty with exactness--step, drop a petal, step, drop a petal, all the way down the aisle.
Melissa's uncle performed the ceremony which gave it a nice personal touch since he knows them both so well.
After the wedding we walked 3 blocks to the Beaufort Inn where the reception took place.
It was magazine worthy--huge white tent, beautiful centerpieces, cool sofas set up for sitting, delicious food, fun band, and the best wedding cake I have ever tasted.
The feeling of love was definitely in the air.
Congratulations Pat and Melissa! We love you!!









7 comments:

Kim said...

Jenny! You look AWESOME! I love your hair light! Have I ever seen it light before? It is the prettiest I have ever seen it! Glad you had a great time with your family. Your kids are sure getting big and believe it or not, I sure miss Ella Joy.

merathon said...

when did you go so light with your hair? it looks great! also-- your dress is fab. where'd you get it?

Melissa said...

Awwww Jenny you are so sweet! I am thrilled to have 3 new sisters as well as a new extended family. It was the best day of my life and I can't believe it's over! Ella joy did such a great job and we were so happy to be with you guys for the big Walt Disney surprise!! We only wish you could have stayed longer :) We love you ALL!!

Jenny said...

The hair has slowly gotten lighter with each visit to my friend Jen's home/salon. The dress is the store that makes me smile--Target. Love that place.

Mandy Pike said...

Congratulations to Pat and Melissa! I absolutely love her dress. Beautiful!

Shelly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shelly said...

Um does it count as kidnapping since EJ is my niece? I'm going to steal her in her little flower girl dress. Love it!