Monday, May 31, 2010

New York

Heading out our first day on my much anticipated trip to see Shelly in NYC

The castle in Central Park



The Metropolitan Museum

A bronze statue of mother and child that I loved

A bamboo creation on top of the musuem

A cavalier spaniel that I wanted for Noah

A chihuahua that Shelly almost brought home until I convinced her that 2 pooping animals was too much for her tiny studio apartment

The view from the Brooklyn Bridge

Walking the Brooklyn bridge

A cute little candy shop we found in Dumbo

Yoda--Shelly's rare feline that has quite a personality

A cafe we found bearing Ella Joy's initials

Our last day out we went to the MOMA

Thank you Shelly for a wonderful trip. It was so much fun! It is amazing how a few days away really can recharge you. I was happy to get back to the kids and feel like I have so much more patience after a short break. David said he had a great time taking care of the kids. He said, "it was relaxing." I said, "I can take a trip whenever you would like to relax again."
And just in case you are wondering--no I didn't eat too many NY hotdogs, baby #4 is on the way.

5 comments:

Kim said...

HURRAY!! Congratulations, Jenny! We are really happy for you guys.

Deena said...

Jeff and I just got back from NYC. We had such a great time. I'm glad you did too. Congratulations on number four!

merathon said...

in one of your earlier posts, i thought i saw a little baby bump, but wasn't sure so i didn't say anything! wow! congrats and YOU'RE BRAVE!

Patricia said...

Looks like you had a marvelous time in NYC! That's great that you had a "mini" vacation. Congrats on #4! Your hair looks great, too!

Jessica said...

Jenny, Congrats on baby #4.