Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Youth Conference at Lake Metigoshe

Lots of fun!
Love the girls!
The boys from our ward are pretty awesome too.
I was asked to speak at one of the seminars about how to be strong in these latter days.
My talk came from Doctrine and Covenants 27:15-18

15 Wherefore, alift up your hearts and brejoice, and cgird up your loins, and take upon you my whole darmor, that ye may be able to withstand the evil day, having done all, that ye may be able to estand.
16 Stand, therefore, having your loins agirt about with btruth, having on the cbreastplate of drighteousness, and your feet shod with the preparation of the egospel of fpeace, which I have sent mine gangels to commit unto you;
17 Taking the shield of faith wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the afiery darts of the wicked;
18 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of my aSpirit, which I will pour out upon you, and my word which I reveal unto you, and be agreed as touching all things whatsoever ye ask of me, and be faithful until I come, and ye shall be bcaught up, that where I am ye shall be calso. Amen.

We talked about what we need to do to put on our spiritual armor each day.  David found costume armor that I used to symbolize each of the pieces of armor. I had a volunteer stand at the front with me as we went through the scriptures and learned about what it means to put on the whole armor of God.

Loins girt about with truth--virtue, knowledge, and scriptures are all part of your life
Breastplate of righteousness--where is your heart, what are your feelings toward God
Feet shod with the gospel of peace--willing and ready to share the Gospel
Shield of faith--space, barrier between you and sin, temptation, bad habits
Helmet of Salvation--Knowledge, clean thoughts
Sword of my Spirit--word of God

It was fun to teach.  The youth are really quite amazing.  I love working with them.

No comments: