Monday, November 12, 2007

7 Things Mommy J Doesn't Know about Me

I've been tagged.

1. I slept with FiFi balled up in my hand(a little rag doll that I got when I was born) until I got married. And during the first few months of marriage I would bring it out now and then. So FiFi is gender neutral. If you could see it you would understand why.

2. I lost by big toenail when I was 10 during play practice. A big, huge, super heavy bench fell right on the nail base and popped it right off. It bled tons and was very painful. But I got to go sit in the director's office and eat a GooGoo Cluster. To this day I always think about Bettie Herring (the director) when I see GooGoo Clusters.

3. Before I got married I had no middle name. It made me so sad in middle school so I started telling everyone it was Fer. Jenni fer. Okay so I was 11, it was really funny and some people believed me.

4. My first kiss took place in Red Ring Rollerway by the size 13 skates. We thought we were cool! Post kiss we skated hand in hand to Ghostbusters!

5. My sister Becky used to tell me I was a really good singer so that I would sing her to sleep. She would ask me to sing Tiffany's Could've Been and a variety of other 80's hits. I would get overly excited about my performance as we were laying in our beds. Usually before I could even finish my sisterly lullabye my dad would scream from the other side of the house for me to shutup and go to sleep.

6. When I was 6 years old I swore at my bestfriend's older brother not even knowing what the word meant. I just knew it was super bad and right after I said it I was quite certain I was going to hell (remember my first grade teacher was a nun, fully outfitted, living in the convent kind of nun). I went upstairs to my Rainbow Brite room and prayed like no other 6 year old has ever prayed before.

7. Okay number 7, you asked for seven, so the seventh thing that you don't know about me is when I was young I always got the parts in Christmas plays as the little beggar girl. Kindergarten I was the little girl in rags that had nothing to give baby Jesus but my heart. Second grade I was the street child that stood outside in the snow with no shoes while all the happy carolers strolled by. Fifth grade I played the shabbily dressed, foul mouth Imogene Herdmen from The Best Christmas Pageant Ever. So you see there is a trend in the roles that I play. Was it my stringy hair, my freckly face, or I guess at that time bony body? Take your pick.

Thanks Jenny for the opportunity to reminisce. David has been laughing his head off and he didn't know half of these things either. Now I will tag.......Alice.

9 comments:

Deena said...

I miss you like crazy. Do you still have FiFi?

Alice said...

HAHAHAHAHA, #3 is hilarious. You're middle name!!!!!

Genean said...

Augh, that STINKY CHEESE CLOTH. I think I love everything about Shelly except that she created FiFi.

Jenny said...

She didn't create FiFi. She just sewed it up when it would fall apart. I guess I would say she helped it survive through the years! And FiFi is NOT stinky. FiFi smells wonderful!

bostonshumways said...

Hey Jenny, You are funny.
Could you send me your address, I can't figure out how to get a hold of you! Mine is saydria@gmail.com.

Jenny P. said...

I am so glad that you decided to play! You are totally hilarious... and you're right. I didn't know a single one of those things. I laughed out loud at all of them. Now, I miss you even more than I did before. Everyone needs a Jenny in their lives.

Physcokity said...

I loved all of those.

Kim said...

You make me laugh. I'd like to see you so mad you could swear. You're just too sweet for that.

Mandy Pike said...

Ok. I knew #1 and #3 but that was it! I feel like a bad friend :) I bet Kelley would know all of those stories. She always remembers that kind of stuff. Hope you had a wonderful Turkey day!