Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Moments in Motherhood

There are some moments in motherhood that stand out because they are extremely painful, horribly stinky, or sometimes just so sweet. Sunday night I had a sweet moment. So it started out not so sweet but ended that way.

So Noah loves baby powder. He thinks its really fun to put it on his bum and then snap his undies and make a cloud of white powder poof into the air. Sunday night Ella Joy was playing in her crib and Noah asked if he could get her out. They were in their for awhile playing nicely. When he finally brought her out I noticed a little baby powder on her head. "Noah, were you playing with the baby powder." "Yes, its so fun!" "But its dangerous. If Ella Joy gets it in her mouth or eyes it could really hurt her. Do you understand?" "Yes."

1 hour later going to put Ella Joy to bed
I notice there is baby powder on the chair, on the floor, all over her bed. "Noooooaaaaaaaahhhhhh!! You didn't tell me there was baby powder everywhere. Now I have to clean her sheets, wipe off the toys, vacuum the floor. Go to your room. You are in trouble."

30 minutes later carrying his easel marker board

Noah walks into the kitchen to apologize in the sweetest way a 6 year boy who is just learning how to write sentences can:



So they learn to write sentences by sounding out the first letter of each word and adding any extra letters that they may hear. David had no idea what it meant but as soon as I saw it I knew what it said.
Translation:
I A(am) S (sorry)F(for) P(putting) B(baby) P(powder) ERW(everywhere) P(please) FG (forgive) M (me) Thy(thank you) Noah.


It was the sweetest apology ever. I would let him baby powder the whole room just to read the note.

6 comments:

merathon said...

that story was absolutely adorable. i could learn a few lessons from noah on being quick to apologize!

Deena said...

I love that kid!

Mandy Pike said...

He is so cute :)

BTW, did you get the email with pictures that I sent to you?

Jenny P. said...

jenny, that is the best story I hav heard in a while! What a sweetheart. We've had several baby powder instances with Jordan... the same thing also happened with cinnamin. My house smelt good for a week!

Genean said...

Empty container of baby powder?
Buck fifty.

Emergent writer's apology?
Priceless.

bostonshumways said...

Jenny!
Wow! I just saw that you left a comment on my photography blog long ago.....I'm SOOOO happy to discover you and your blog. I've been missing you and I've been thinking about you lately cause we're trying to get holiday card addresses....would you send me yours? So fun reading about your life. Would love to see you sometime and meet those sweet kids! love, Saydi