Saturday, March 14, 2009

Bye, Bye Pappy

Like most of you know, Ella Joy is completely addicted to her pappy. She has had a pappy in her mouth since the day she was born. Pappy has been a crucial part of our life for the last 2 and half years. If I wanted Ella Joy to stop whining, stop talking, stop fighting, sit quietly in the car, or go to sleep, I gave her Pappy. I tried to limit it to the bed and car but I'm just not very good at keeping those kind of rules. My friend Emma shared the idea of putting Pappy inside of a Build A Bear, brilliant I thought. So a few days ago we started talking about when we were going to get rid of Pappy. "How about when I'm five?" Ella Joy suggested. "No, Ella Joy we have to get rid of Pappy soon because it makes you talk funny." "Its OK to talk funny, mommy." Well, today I decided that this would be the day we would say bye to Pappy. So here is the final farewell. It was a dramatic, but she has done great. Her new best friend, Pap the Bunny.









3 comments:

Jared said...

She looks happy, but not completely sold on the idea. ;o)

Lauren Swan said...

i love elle!

Hymas Family said...

What a great idea. Will still uses his binkie in the car & crib. I think if I tried that he would rip open his bear & get the binkie out! Hopefully one day we can lose the binkie like your BIG girl did! Congrats Mom!