Friday, August 6, 2010

Our trip to Philly

Ella Joy and I took a trip to Philadelphia for Shelly and Rob's engagement party.
It was so much fun to get to spend some one on one time with EJ--she would have made a great only child. She loved the airplane ride. She was glued to the window expressing with enthusiasm how awesome her view was. "This is amazing!" This is beautiful!" over and over again. Despite the fact that she was almost shouting--I let her completely enjoy it.

Shelly and Rob arrived to the party via heli.

The newly engaged sooner to be married couple.

Shey Shey and EJ looking beautiful

EJ took over the camera several times throughout the trip.
This is from her point of view.


EJ's new friend.


On Saturday we visited Valley Forge. We heard some interesting stories and visited some of the old barracks as well as Big George's quarters.

How would you have liked to bunk here for 6 months?

General Washington's quarters.


Shelly, Rob, and their part cheetah cat--Yoda.

Alyssa--KiKi and Shey Shey's NYC bff

KiKi p0sing for another one of EJ's photos

We arrived home at midnight on Saturday.
David picked us up at the airport.
Ella Joy was exhuasted.
This little guy was sitting on my bike seat waiting for me when I got home.
What a nice welcome home.

3 comments:

Mandy Pike said...

Please tell Shelly I said congrats! That is wonderful news on her engagement. The Stiers are about to be tied with the Nardi's for weddings :)

Lauren Swan said...

looks like y'all had so much fun! i love when you update your blog :)

Unknown said...

I think it was a very successful trip myself. I really enjoyed being a part of the Stier clan for another weekend! Hopefully Shelly emailed you the videos of EJ. I can't get one of the songs out of my head "you're so blanket-y, so shiny, so hairy, so white-y..."