Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Noah is TEN


























We celebrated Noah's tenth birthday at the North Hill Bowling Lanes.



He invited his new friends Charlie, Simon, Dallin, and Luke.



Noah was in heaven-- bowling, pizza, soda, cake, and icecream.



They had a special dinosaur that helped the girls roll their balls straight as well as plastic sides to prevent gutter balls. These only came down when the little girls bowled...so JuJu had the high score on our team. It was a fun night. Georgia spent most the night in the stroller chewing on pizza crusts which miraculously disappeared despite having no teeth.



I can hardly believe it has been a whole decade since Noah was born.

I remember his Birth day so clearly.

I remember looking at his sweet face and falling in love instantly.

I remember in the next moment becoming overwhelm with emotion as I realized that the great love I had for him was only a small taste of the love Heavenly Father had for me and all of us.

I remember the feeling of wanting to be a better person, my best me.

I remember perfect fingers, toes, the Jacobs chin, and McCarthy nose.

The memories are so clear and the feeling fresh.

Now 10 years later it is even more amazing to see the young man he is becoming.

He is an amazing brother--I love seeing him with the girls. He plays with them, teases them, and protects them like only a Big brother can.

He is responsible with his chores, concientious with his schoolwork, and reliable with time. When I tell him to meet me somewhere or be home at a certain time he is always punctual. Thankfully, not following after his always late mother. He loves basketball, baseball, rockclimbing, crafts, and creating miis on his wii. OH how I love this boy! And do you know what his birthday wish was....


A Baby Brother.

Can we get to Georgia's first birthday, Please!




4 comments:

merathon said...

happy birthday, noah! he does look like such a great big brother to those girls. so, does this mean you are entertaining this birthday wish when G grows up a little?? :) miss you!

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday Noah!!

Jared said...

What a fun birthday party. Happy (late) birthday, Noah! I sure miss seeing you guys. Can't wait to visit.

Mandy said...

I cannot believe that Noah is 10! I still remember coming to visit you in the hospital after he was born. I was so nervous to hold him and then I would watch David toss him in the air like a bean bag. I knew then that he would make a great dad and that you would be a great mother! I miss you and wish I was able to see you soon . . . Happy birthday Noah!