Thursday, November 8, 2012

Beautiful Art

Today David and I arrived in Chicago.
He has an ophthalmology convention this weekend so we came a day early and will stay for a few extra days to make it a little vacation.
I was giddy to get here.
I love exploring new cities.
David bought me 2 travel books and on the plane at 5am I was planning our day.

First we took an architectural tour down the Chicago River.
It was interesting, educational, beautiful, and cold.
My question for the  guide: "What building was on the movie Adventures in Babysitting?"
He didn't know the answer so now I am investigating.

Next we went to the Sears Tower, the tallest building in the US.
Recently it was bought by someone else and has been renamed the Willis Tower.
The view was amazing and the clear ledge was really scary.

To finish the day we headed to The Art Institute of Chicago.
I love walking around museums.
My 2 favorite pieces were Thanksgiving by Doris Lee and The Child's Bath by Mary Cassatt.








6 comments:

Carly said...

How stinking cute are you guys? So excited to hear all about your trip! And it was so fun to see little Georgia today at the pool with your mom! I swear she's not as bald... haha. Love you Jen!

merathon said...

i love that last picture of you two!

Deena said...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crain_Communications_Building

Jenny said...

Thank you Deena! You are amazing! I love the reason for it being built.

Alice said...

So great that you got away together. I love Chicago, such a great city. Next time tell David to have a conference in S.F. and you guys can stay with us!

Jared said...

Wow!!! I can't believe you two got in the glass elevator. How beautiful!