Thursday, September 20, 2007

Day of Discoveries

Noah discovers GIRLS-- As I droppped Noah off at school this morning he said, "There's the girl in Christopher's class, I like her face."
"You like her face," I repeat, shocked because Noah isn't too generous with compliments and how he expressed this compliment was so sincere and sweet.
"Yeah, I like her face. And I like her hair too. I think she is beautiful."
Then he jumped out of the car and was off to kindergarten.

Ella Joy discovers WIND--A few hours later as I am driving home I notice that my gas gauge is below E so I turn off the AC, open all four window and try to remember where the closest gas station is. As I glance back in my rear view mirror I notice that Ella Joy has her neck stretched as high as it will go, her eyes are closed, and she is smiling and giggling and just enjoying the feel of the wind on her face. She kept reaching her hands up trying to touch the wind. She was just too cute.

I am so grateful for both of my kids who help me remember the simple yet amazing things in life.

5 comments:

Deena said...

I hope I can remember that Noah story long enough to tell Jeff. So awesome. And I can just picture your sweet little girl loving the wind. Good day.

Jenny P. said...

Oh so adorable. Jordan came home last year and told me he really liked Isabella, but not to tell anyone because it wasn't cool to like girls. And for the wind... nothing is cuter than that!!

kaye said...

Noah's got a crush? How cute is that.

Alice said...

That's awesome. Tell Noah I like his face:)

rachel said...

I see Jenny. Noah is already getting crushes how cute. i totally think its so sweet.