Sunday, May 22, 2011

Good Neighbors

#27 The DiMarchis--Amber and Stephano with their 2 teenage boys have been great neighbors. I have asked and apologized to Amber numerous times if our screaming, jumping, banging disturbs them and she always assures me that she never hears us--perfect next door neighbors for us.

#26 Judy Miguel and her 2 kids lived here then Noah's friend Chris--we have had lots of neighbors come and go or switch units

#25 Karen, Peter and their 3 kids--inspired me to decorate my patio with white Christmas light, also the owner of Mia, a yellow lab who the children love, now they live in #36

#23 Francesca, Steve, and Antonella--fun Italian friend who is so wonderful and down to earth, cooked out many times, Steve is a chef at the Ritz so that was always a treat, got stuck in the flood with her not too long ago
Now Owen, Maria, and Chi Cho live here--JuJu's new best friends


#22 Silvina, Salvidor, Sara, Azul, and Salvi-- wonderful Argentinian family who the kids played with, Noah and Sara played board games together, Azul loved pushing JuJu super fast on the skateboard all around the garden

#19 Christina and dogs

#17 home of Gracie the bulldog, JuJu's favorite dog in the fall and inspiration for Gracie face

Now going in the other direction

#29 quiet old man and the corner who I finally became friends with after a year of living here. I always thought he hated me because of my wild children who disturbed his tanning sessions at the pool but last September he left for a cruise and asked me to water his plants because he didn't think his other neighbors were reliable enough, well what a compliment, he had never even spoken to me and was now leaving his plants in my care, which wasn't necessarily a good idea since I forgot a few days and they drooped and I worried all night that he was going to be angry at me but luckily I gave them a little TLC and they rallied back before his return.Long story short-- now we always speak in passing.

#30 Lucia and family

#31 Angelone Family, Mauricio, Terry, Ricardo,and Virginia--they were the first people we met when we moved in. It was storming--David was unpacking the truck, the kids were running outside after being in the car for 12 hours, EJ slipped split open her chin, Terry held Julia while David stitched it up. Noah and Ricardo became bestfriends spending all day outside catching lizard, climbing trees, digging through the dumpster to find treasures. The first summer we were here Noah was outside from 8am-8pm everyday. He was so dark that my friend Jen thought he hadn't a different father. Terry and I spent many nights talking on the patio after the kids were in bed. They moved to a house nearby.
Then....

My friend from Church Amanda moved in with her husband and 2, now 3 kids. We spent our first year running together most mornings. She would drive from Coral Gables and we would run the bridge. She decided to move out here and we were so excited that early morning runs would be so easy--then we both got pregnant so most of our year together we have both been in survival mode. Recently we started running together. Ella Joy and Zoe are great friends, JuJu and Liam hate and love each other, Georgia and Adelaide like third and fourth children sit happily and watch all the chaos. It has been great to have a friend so close. We have gotten to enjoy Amanda's and Derrick's delicious cooking. We will miss them a lot.

#36 Patti Porro and Gigi-played in the afternoons together, taught Mommy Boot Camp at the park, lots of fun to hang out with

#38 Camilla, Paul, and Bodey-our oh so convenient pediatric resident and water polo husband and their beautiful and perfectly behaved golden retriever. We had Thanksgiving with them this past year. She also was my lifesaver when I was certain that I had lice when EJ had it. My head was itching all the time and I didn't think David was checking thoroughly enough..oh the things good neighbors will do.

#46 Boris and his mom--Noah's friend from basketball

#48 Chuck the repairman and by mishap the LePhare therapist

#52 Sharon, the most fit and active 70 year old woman I have ever met, and her dog Chester

I am sure I missed someone but these are the people who we interacted with often. Although I am really looking forward to our home that will have space and a backyard, I will miss the fun, convenience, and entertainment of having friends and neighbors so close.

No comments: