Monday, September 10, 2012

Around Town--DR Day 2

 Balancing Eggs
 Balancing car
 Balancing man on the back of a truck
 Don't forget your TP because the restrooms don't have any
 David and I at the presentation ceremony
 With the residents
 With the doctors and friends from Church
 Man selling fish outside of our car.
 Beautiful old stairs
 Beautiful old cathedral--the first in the New World...
 Standing by the wolves, not sure why they were surrounding the cathedral
 Pigeons galore
 D atop the fortress
We had a great day.
Sorry so quick and not full  of too much detail.
David needs the computer so I am blogging fast.
So fun to explore a new city.
I love maps. I love walking around and finding new places.
Tonight we had dinner in the Plaza de Espana.
I bought a beautiful wood carved rosary for my mom from a sweet man off the street.
Loved seeing the old city.  Pretty amazing that the buildings were built when Columbus arrived.
Had FHE with some missionaries--one set being parents of Emily Evans a friend from Winston-Salem. Small world...

2 comments:

Maria said...

Wow!! What a fun trip. You look great.

Three Umbrellas said...

Miss you guys!