Sunday, September 23, 2012

Happy 37th, I mean 36th Birthday, David



You know you are getting older when you can no longer remember what age you are turning.
This year David spent his birthday presenting a case at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester Minnesota.
So on Sunday when he returned the house was decorated, dinner was cooking, and the cake and candles were ready to go. I mentioned how he was turning 37 and he said that he was only 36.  I was certain that he was 37. I had bought a 3 and a 7 so there was no fudging one candle off the cake to hide my mistake. We laughed and decided that we would just have to get 2 years use out of them. 

Happy Birthday David! The love of my life!!

3 comments:

Deena said...

Happy birthday David! Jeff has a professional question. Do you have his email address? He can call you if you send him your phone number.

Alice said...

That's hilarious. His card from us is still sitting on the kitchen counter. Yet to be sent.

Emma and Dan said...

I was just getting caught up on all your posts. Your DR trip was so amazing! I think I'll have Dan go into neonatology, just so that we can do similar trips. Looking at your photos brought back SOOO many memories: El Faro de Colon, Tres Ojo, el templo! It doesn't feel like it's been 11 years.
I'm so excited for you that you've been able to do these trips together and that David has been able to be such a blessing to these communities.