Friday, January 22, 2010

Grocery Store Craziness

Does anyone else feel like a crazy person in the grocery store?
I only had to run in for 4 items.
I quickly head to the first aisle.
Julia is calm.
Noah is picking out peaches (not on the list)
Ella Joy has found a plastic ball--the kind they sell at every store.
Why do they sell those at grocery stores?
I try to keep everyone gathered and head to the next item.
More and more items are entering the stroller (things not on the list)
Julia is starting to fuss.
Noah now is bouncing the ball and it gets away from him and lands on the head of a lady.
I pretend not to notice the chaos following me. Maybe they won't make the connection.
We pick out icecream-- Breyers Cookies and Cream, David's favorite.
I have everything I came for, I think.
I go to the self check out line
Julia is screaming.
Noah is trying to help.
Ella Joy is dancing around.
I am just trying to get out as fast as I can.
Scan, put the item in the back, Scan put the item in the bag
I am trying to be pleasant, trying.
But I know I look crazy.
I just want to get out of the store.
We finish our self check out--not so gracefully.
I walk out.
I have survived.
I commit once again to never bring the children to the store.

1 comment:

LaurenJ said...

Adventure? Children? Alive? Yes! Crazyiness? Yes! What a great post :)