Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Nice Neighbors

Minot is abundant with nice neighbors.
Last night our neighbor Steve called David over to school him on the varieties of snowblowers. He also told him about the different kinds of snow. Evidently our recent snow was a light 6 inch snow. There is 12 inch wet snow that is much more difficult to shovel. I guess David and Noah will both be getting buff out on our driveway.
Our other neighbor David lent me his sprinklers because he wanted to make sure our sod got watered well.
I am so grateful for a cul de sac full of nice neighbors who look out for us. I think they are all worried that the new folk from Miami could freeze and they feel it is their responsibility to help us get through our first winter.

In general there is just a feeling of people looking out for each other.

1 comment:

Jen I said...

So there was this weird winter in Utah where everyone (my dad and bishop included) cut off the tips of their fingers trying to get a last something or stuck something out of the snowblower. Even though they were already off, there was like one last surge from the motor and off came fingertips. Unfortunately our bishop was a surgeon. Your husband's fingers are worth a lot, so be careful you North Dakotans. I freak out whenever Ryan tries to reach into the disposal too for something for the same reason.