Saturday, December 5, 2009

I love Annie

This is a Stier family favorite. I am certain that all 6 of us have every song and line memorized. We used to act it out. I would play Annie, of course. Becky was Miss Hannigan and Duffy. Shelly always played Molly. Usually we could rope Pat into playing Daddy Warbucks, Rooster, or Punjab. I remember Becky and I trying to imitate the gymnastics tricks. We figured out the double cartwheel but we could never quite get the handstand on the knee trick. Anyways....

Last week I saw the DVD for sale at Target for $3.99 and I couldn't resist. Let's just say we have already watched it a few times. Ella Joy knows all the characters names and can't stop talking about the mean lady. She is very jealous of Annie's locket and is planning on asking Santa for one for Christmas. Noah likes it as well. All week he has been singing Its a Hard Knock Life and he of course has already planned out what he would do if he got chased up a draw bridge by Rooster. He says he would slide back down past him and then runaway. Good to know.

So we are passing the Annie love from one generation to the next.

1 comment:

Alice said...

I used to have an Annie doll and an Annie wig that I wore around. My next door neighbor wouldn't let me in his house to play until I took off the wig because it scared him.