Sunday, December 6, 2009

Tonight it was the Crockpot

So I have burned my fair share of meals. I tell David that it is because I am a multitasker. Surely I can run and flip the laundry while that pancake is cooking, or I can vacuum the living room really fast while the potatoes get a little more crispy.

To be completely honest, the smoke alarm went off quite a bit at our old house. So much so that the obnoxiously loud noise no longer scared Noah or Ella Joy and we actually had a fire alarm routine in place. Noah would run and open the backdoor and fan out the smoke while I quickly turned on the oven fan, then grabbed a broom to turn off the alarm.

I am proud to say that the fire alarm has not gone off once since moving to our new home. However when we came home from Church the BBQ chicken was "well done." We tried to make the best of it by smothering those tough pieces of meat with cole slaw, hoping to cover the burnt taste. In the end, David and I both felt a little sick. And to make matters worse we had invited a friend to come eat with us. He ate but didn't ask for seconds. Who can blame him.

I thought about feeling bad about this one. You know that pathetic feeling that comes over when you feel like you just can't do anything right. Well not tonight. I won't be taking the blame for this one. I have accepted fault in the past and I am quite certain I will have to accept fault in the future. But not tonight.

Tonight it was the Crockpot.


No comments: