Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Prayer

I am grateful for prayer.
Today I was getting ready to go to my 38 week appointment.
After a night of sleeplessness, tears, complaining--David and I had decided that it would be best to get induced and end the misery for all.

Before leaving I wanted to take some time to know that this was a good decision.
As I prayed I had a very clear thought, "Just wait."
Not exactly wanted I wanted to hear.
So I decided I would read my scriptures to see if this thought was for real.
I turned in the scriptures to Mosiah 24.
Alma's people are in bondage and are praying to be delivered.
I could kind of relate.
The Lord promises that he will give them strength to endure their trials.

"yea, the Lord did strengthen them that they could bear up their burdens with ease, and they did submit cheerfully and with patience to all the will of the Lord."

As I read this I felt I needed to change my attitude.
Yes I am uncomfortable, irritable, tired,etc..etc..
But I am about to bring a beautiful new baby into the world--one of the most amazing experiences! Why was I complaining.
And looking at the math....
I've done 38 weeks, really what is 2 more?
More than anything else I felt that Heavenly Father was aware of me and what was best for me.

I am grateful for the scriptures.
They truly can guide and instruct us in all aspects of our lives.

After I finished reading I prayed again.
I felt calm and peaceful and without a doubt knew what I was going to do,
Just wait.

So we are just waiting...
But now with better perspective.

And to add to the smile, the doctor said I was 2cm dilated.

1 comment:

Jen I said...

I seriously love this story. I guess I've had a similar experience one time where it was seriously perfect wording - I mean, waiting to be delivered?? How perfect is that?!