Monday, November 22, 2010

Science Project Complete



For the last month these hamburgers have been rotting on a shelf in my living room.
Today they took a trip to the school where I hope they stay or get thrown away.
For Noah's science project we wanted to find out what hamburger would decompose faster:
Happy meal or Homemade?

After watching Super Size Me and knowing all the preservatives that go into fast food we made the hypothesis that our homemade organic would definitely decompose faster.

Surprisingly after a month both hamburgers looked the same. Neither have really begun to decompose. They don't smell, they are just hard, dark, and wrinkly. After 3 weeks both buns started to mold on the bottom in the same spot.

It was an interesting project. Noah learned a lot. David was quite intense as they labored over the graphs and abstract. I reminded him many times that it was just a 3rd grade science project but he does everything 100% and treated this project with the same determination he does his work projects that are presented at conferences. I decided it would be best to just leave the house til it was done.

The project turned out great. I was able to use some of my scrapbooking skills as we decided on color and layout. As I dropped Noah at school this morning I could tell he was excited and proud to show his teacher the project.

So a happy Monday to all.
Tomorrow I go to my 38 week appointment--hopefully some progress has been made!

No comments: