Thursday, November 4, 2010

Quinoa

My friend Amanda introduced me to the this superfood.
I absolutely love it!
It is super healthy--a complete protein, full of vitamins, delicious, and can be mixed with vegetables and/or meat making a great meal all in one pot.
One of the most amazing benefits is the energy it gives you.
The first time I made it was a flop because I didn't rinse it well enough.
But tonight it turned out delicious.
It will definitely become one of the weekly regulars on the dinner menu along with Noah's pasta and Terry's lentils.
Thank goodness I have a husband who just wants food on the table and doesn't care about variety.

2 comments:

merathon said...

we love quinoa too. it's so versatile-- we use it in all sorts of recipes! the girls ask for it!

Alice said...

Oh ya we love it here. They sell huge bags of it at Costco.